Who we seek:
We are looking for an Account Executive that thrives in an enterprise software sales environment with a drive to bring innovative solutions to the market in what is the relatively new data privacy and sensitive data management business. The ideal candidate will have experience selling enterprise data solutions and understand how to consultatively sell to both senior company leadership and technical audiences. This will be primarily a work from home position with ideal candidates located in the Western US or Canada area.
Data Sentinel is a data trust and compliance software company, headquartered in Toronto, Canada that helps businesses persistently manage data privacy, governance and quality. At the core of Data Sentinel is deep learning discovery technology that illuminates the true contents of an organizations data, measuring the risk, the quality, and the critical data elements, no matter the source, the location, the type of data, or the scale.
What you’ll do:
- Identify, develop, and execute a comprehensive account strategy to close new business and drive expansion growth with customers within your defined territory
- Meet or exceed your sales quota targets
- Prepare and maintain an accurate sales forecast for your territory
- Network in customer and related organizations
- Establish, access, and create positive business relationships with key executives and senior level decision makers
- Maintain accurate and up to date account intelligence in CRM, including regular forecasting of business opportunities to sales & executive leadership
- Report on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management
- Responsible for territory quota and named accounts
- Direct an inside sales team and marketing to uncover opportunities in territory
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College/University OR 5+ years of experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to generate pipeline, with a strong tenure history and earnings record
- Strong communication skills written and verbal, credible with business & technical buyers (CDO, CIO, CTO, CISO, CPO)
- Relevant domain knowledge – data, analytics, governance or privacy
- Track record of over-achieving against quota in past positions
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in presentations via telephone and computer with executive level customers, distributed resources, and the Data Sentinel Leadership Team.
- Animated, motivated self-starter with a positive attitude to be able to manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities simultaneously
- Manage sales opportunities from inception to close leveraging resources across the organization
- Qualify opportunities and accurately forecast your pipeline
- Research accounts and develop strategic account plans
- Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory
- Experience selling SaaS solutions and licensing models
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation, including commissions with no cap
- Opportunity to develop your career in a new and rapidly growing market
- Fully Company paid health benefits for yourself and your family